Follow Up With Your Customers
No, I'm not about to give a lecture on Marketing. But I have been in Direct Marketing for almost 30 years. So I know more than many people that the way to substantially improve your profits is with follow-up sales from your existing customers. Or as it's commonly called - Back End Sales.
I recently paid over $100 for an item on the Internet.
3 weeks later I still haven't received a follow up. Perhaps they are too busy dreaming up expensive ways to find more NEW customers.
And this sorry state of affairs is much more widespread than some people realize - both on and off-line.
But on the Internet there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSE for not following up with your customers. Even if you haven't yet got a second item to sell, you should still keep in touch.
With an AUTO RESPONDER. It's cheap. It's simple. It's magic.
1) Send a Thank you email. But make sure you build in plenty of re-assurance. This reduces the risk of the dreaded sickness called BUYERS REMORSE, which, if not treated in time, will lead to the fatal disease known as....
2) A week later, send another email asking if they enjoyed your product. This is the ideal way to obtain TESTIMONIALS, as well as improving your product and service.
3) Encourage feed-back by inviting questions and suggestions. You'll be surprised how helpful people can be.
4) DON'T make a nuisance of yourself by overdoing it. But keep in touch and let your customer know you really CARE.
5) A month later... well I think you get the drift. If you don't keep in touch with your customers, whether past present or future, you can guarantee one thing....
Someone else will!
Joe Robson is co-author of 'Make Your Words SELL' with Ken
Evoy. Joe and Tom Glander own The Newbie Club which is
bulging with unique NET and PC Newbie tutorials and eBooks.
CLICK ON OVER to http://newbieclub.com/ and look at their
very professional Affiliate Program. It's BIG! Joe's
Copywriting site is at http://www.adcopywriting.com
Have Otto send this preformatted article to you immediately. Click here and your email client will fire up. Click the Send button and you're done. That's two clicks, and you've got this article.
Otto reads your return address from the header, and hands off the goods. Thanks for using Otto's services - he's a great butler!
He can't respond to messages you may want to write, so please send those instead to Joe Robson: firstname.lastname@example.org or Tom Glander: email@example.com.
Site Navigation Guide
Site updated daily
Free Insider Report|
Receive free monthly marketing updates, tools, tips and strategies to help your online business succeed. Get immediate access to our bonus ebooks AND 150+ back issues.
PRODUCT OF THE WEEK
Copyright © 2000-2009 by Startup Internet Marketing Services* All rights reserved|
104 Main Street. Kirkland Lake, ON, CA P2N 3E8 705.567.5850
This site is powered by Host4Profit.net